In the future, Earth's appetite for resources has become a major motivator for deep space exploration. Immense, privately-owned and operated mining ships called "planetcrackers" orbit planets and use sophisticated equipment to carve out entire city-sized chunks of rock, and reduce them to component elements and raw ore.
Communications with one of these planetcrackers, the USG Nishimura, have ceased while the ship is engaged in deep space mining operations.
The company's top engineer, Isaac Clarke, is sent to discover the problem and fix it. Once onboard the vessel, Clarke discovers that a terrifying alien presence has taken over the ship, and has horribly killed the crew. Weaponless and terrified, this lone engineer is burdened with much more than simple survival - he holds the fate of all mankind in his hands.
- Dismemberment: This game's core mechanic is the strategic dismemberment of alien appendages. In true survival horror fashion, you must conserve ammo - in true Hollywood horror fashion, it's all about seeing bone fragments and arterial spray fly across the room. Enemies in the game are resilient. The conventional wisdom that a headshot will stop an alien is thrown out in Dead Space.
- Setting and Atmosphere: Dead Space is an immersive, interactive horror movie experience. An emergent, panic-inducing audio system, an innovative Minority Report-style HUD, and a nuanced, scary pace that will sink you into the game experience.
- Unique Weaponry: Stasis Gun is used to slow charging aliens and to help solve puzzles. The Gravity Gun and unique projectile-based weaponry are mining tools - your ability to upgrade weapons increases as you progress through the game.
- Zero Gravity: Survive and destroy the aliens in Zero G environments. Manipulate gravity with Havok physics to solve puzzles and fight enemies.
When will my order be dispatched?
Orders placed before 3:00pm (Monday – Friday)* will be dispatched on the same day. Orders placed outside of these hours will be dispatched on the next working day.
* Excluding UK public holidays
How will my order be sent?
Our standard delivery option is FREE in the UK via Royal Mail First Class, with large or high value orders sent via Parcelforce courier service. Delivery to Europe (from an additional £2 per item) and other Worldwide countries (from an additional £4 per item) are sent via Royal Mail International who work with trusted delivery partners to deliver to the destination country.
We also offer a guaranteed Special Next Day service* on this item for UK delivery at an additional cost from £5.95, which is guaranteed to be delivered before 1pm the following day or we'll refund the postage cost!
* Available until 3:00pm (Monday – Friday) excluding UK public holidays.
When can I expect it to arrive?
- UKDeliveries to destinations in the UK usually arrive within 1-2 working days after the order is dispatched with the vast majority arriving on the next working day.
Deliveries to destinations in Europe take on average 3-5 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
Deliveries to destinations outside of Europe take on average 5-7 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
If your order has not arrived by the expected delivery date this is usually no reason for concern - see our delivery help pages.