Preorder now to receive 5 Limited Edition Artcards along with Yooka-Laylee.
Yooka-Laylee is an all-new open-world platformer from key creative talent behind the Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong Country games. Reformed as Playtonic Games, the team is building a spiritual successor to its most cherished work from the past!
Playtonic’s new heroes, Yooka (the green one) and Laylee (the wisecracking bat with big nose) were conceptualised from the ground up for stellar platforming gameplay, created by the same character artist behind the rebooted Donkey Kong family and legendary N64 heroes Banjo and Kazooie.
Using an arsenal of special moves like Yooka’s tongue grapple and Laylee’s tactical sonar shot, the buddy duo will explore vast and beautiful game worlds in their effort to thwart corporate creep Capital B and his devious scheme to absorb all of the world’s books… and convert them into pure profit.
Players will solve a huge variety of puzzles and platforming challenges in search of Pagies, the golden bounty used to unlock - and expand - new playgrounds, each jammed to the gills with oddball characters and hulking bosses, many of whom communicate via a collage of burp and fart noises.
Yooka-Laylee was funded on Kickstarter in June 2015, raising an incredible £2.1 million from more than 80,000 backers. Yooka-Laylee was fully funded in 40 minutes and reached £1,000,000 in less than 24 hours. Yooka-Laylee remains the most funded UK games Kickstarter ever and the second most successful UK Kickstarter campaign outright.
- Heroes Built for Fun: Our new buddy-duo were dreamed up specifically for entertaining platforming gameplay and exceptional colour coordination. We think we’ve captured the spirit of the genre’s biggest icons while introducing our most inventive moves yet.
- An Arsenal of Abilities: Sonar blasting, tongue whipping, sky soaring… a move roster built for platforming fun – and unlocked with added freedom from the serpent salesman Trowzer. Additionally, there may or may not be a move involving a giant fart bubble.
- Collect-em-up 2.0: A roster of shiny collectibles with gameplay progression at their core (as well as other, more valuable materials). Every collectible type in Yooka-Laylee will expand gameplay in a meaningful way. Tasty Butterfly Energy will refill the player’s health and new power meter. Our main collectible, Pagies, are used to unlock and expand new worlds in Yooka-Laylee.
- Power to the Player: Purchase and unlock moves with freedom, choose to expand your favourite worlds into even larger playgrounds and equip unique Tonic gameplay modifiers to customise your play style. Every player will have a unique experienc
- A Cast to Last: A huge cast of memorable characters to meet (or beat), brought to life by the art and audio teams behind legendary platform games and destined to endure in future adventures as part of Playtonic Universe. Expect all manner of grunts, squeaks and squawks.
- A Dream Soundtrack: David Wise (Donkey Kong Country) and Grant Kirkhope (Banjo-Kazooie) combine in what’s sure to be a melodic masterpiece! Seriously, clean out your ears – they’re in for a treat.
- Arcades, Mine Carts and More: Discover unique boss fights, mine cart challenges, retro-tastic Arcade games, quiz shows and more than 8 unique multiplayer games!
- Recruit a Friend: Establish your own buddy-duo and adventure through Yooka-Laylee in co-op mode! Tacking control of a unique co-op character, a second player can assist Yooka and Laylee by stunning enemies and helping them tackle tricky challenges. No piggyback required.