Take Aim at a Timeless Adventure
Some 25 years after the original Kid Icarus game for NES captured the hearts and imaginations of gamers worldwide, Kid Icarus: Uprising brings the action and adventure of this beloved series to new heights – and new visual dimensions – on the Nintendo 3DS system. The dark goddess Medusa and her Underworld Army have returned, and they’ve got their sights set on the heroic angel Pit. With the aid of Palutena, goddess of light and guardian of the human race, Pit must fend off this malevolent threat. The richly immersive graphics of the Nintendo 3DS system offer incredible depth as Pit battles enemies by air and by land.
Designed by Masahiro Sakurai – creator of Kirby and Super Smash Bros. – Kid Icarus: Uprising features a vividly redesigned game world and a new look for Pit and other returning characters.
- Pit is unable to fly on his own, but upon receiving the “Power of Flight” from Palutena, he can soar swiftly through the skies for about five minutes at a time. After each stage’s initial air battle, Pit enters into ground-based skirmishes.
- While Pit is battling in the air, the action unfolds like a dynamic guided shooter. Yet when he’s facing enemies on land, it handles like a third-person shooter. Throughout the sprawling adventure, players gather numerous distinctive weapons and collect treasures.
- Beyond the deep single-player adventure, Kid Icarus: Uprising also offers a thrilling and unique take on multiplayer battles. Two teams battle against each other, whittling away their point totals as each team member is defeated. When one team loses all its points, the last member defeated is revived as the powerful Angel Pit. If the other team can track him down and defeat him, they will win the match, introducing a new ebb-and-flow dynamic to multiplayer battles.
- The game includes AR Card compatibility. Using the built-in 3D camera on the Nintendo 3DS system, the game recognizes countless specially designed AR Cards, with animated game characters popping up in 3D on the game screen and even battling each other when two cards face off.
- The game’s simple, intuitive play control has players hold the system in their left hand, while the right hand uses the stylus on the touch screen for targeting. Their left thumb on the Circle Pad controls Pit’s movements, and the L Button fires ranged weapons and unleashes melee attacks. The controls are simple enough to be grasped quickly, but offer layers of depth and strategy for advanced manoeuvres. A special control option for left-handed players is also being prepared.
Single Player Mode Details
- Introduction: The game's story begins with the return of the Queen of the Underworld, Medusa, and her Underworld Army. Pit, a heroic angel, with the help of Palutena, goddess of light and guardian of the human race, must combat the forces of darkness as he battles Medusa and her minions by air and by land.
- Fiend's Cauldron: An incredible new system that allows players to customise their play experience, the Fiend's Cauldron lets players adjust their desired Intensity ranging from 0.0 to 9.0 for each individual Chapter. As the Intensity increases, enemies will be more aggressive, have more energy and hit harder but players will be able to earn more Hearts and more powerful weapon drops by defeating them. Hearts are also used by players to purchase new weapons. The standard Intensity is set at 2.0 but players can precisely adjust this by 0.1 increments. In order to increase the Intensity, players must bet by placing an increasing number of Hearts into the Fiend's Cauldron. If the player is defeated during the Chapter, some Hearts will be lost and the Intensity will automatically be lowered.
- Weapons: A wide variety of collectible weapons offers an extraordinary amount of replay value. With 9 different categories of weapons, ranging from Divine Bows to Shot Claws, players can learn the unique characteristics of each weapon and determine which is best suited for each battle and their style of play.
- Vehicles: Pit will have access to special vehicles during certain parts of his adventure, such as the Exo Tank. Pit can use the tank's powerful drift ability to defeat enemies with the tank?s ramming horn.
- Stand: Kid Icarus: Uprising uses a control scheme designed to fit the game's unique blend of flight, shooting and melee combat, and offers tremendous precision, speed and depth that rewards dedicated players. The left hand uses the Circle Pad, while the right uses a stylus, both at the same time. Every copy of the game will come with a free stand that holds the Nintendo 3DS at an angle above any flat surface, and provides players with a new kind of gaming experience.
- Circle Pad Pro: Kid Icarus: Uprising is compatible with the Circle Pad Pro accessory, offering an alternate control scheme for left-handed players. With the Circle Pad Pro, the player holds the stylus in their left hand and uses the Circle Pad with their right hand.
When will my order be dispatched?
Orders placed before 3:00pm (Monday – Friday)* will be dispatched on the same day. Orders placed outside of these hours will be dispatched on the next working day.
* Excluding UK public holidays
How will my order be sent?
Our standard delivery option is FREE in the UK via Royal Mail First Class, with large or high value orders sent via Parcelforce courier service. Delivery to Europe (from an additional £2 per item) and other Worldwide countries (from an additional £4 per item) are sent via Royal Mail International who work with trusted delivery partners to deliver to the destination country.
We also offer a guaranteed Special Next Day service* on this item for UK delivery at an additional cost from £5.95, which is guaranteed to be delivered before 1pm the following day or we'll refund the postage cost!
* Available until 3:00pm (Monday – Friday) excluding UK public holidays.
When can I expect it to arrive?
- UKDeliveries to destinations in the UK usually arrive within 1-2 working days after the order is dispatched with the vast majority arriving on the next working day.
Deliveries to destinations in Europe take on average 3-5 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
Deliveries to destinations outside of Europe take on average 5-7 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
If your order has not arrived by the expected delivery date this is usually no reason for concern - see our delivery help pages.