The Wii finally gets a shoot 'em-up to be proud of with the latest and greatest action adventure from cult Japanese developer Treasure. Never mind about the plot, just enjoy the action as you take on waves of increasingly dangerous, and increasingly bizarre, enemies.
Aim at the screen with the Wii remote and mow down mutants with your blaster or wait till they get close and use a powerful sword attack. You'll have to dodge all the incoming fire as well too, including taking to the skies with your jetpack/hoverboard.
What makes the game a classic though is the sheer variety of situations and enemies. The boss battles really push the envelope, from one that tries to flatten you with Tetris blocks to another that you end up being handcuffed to as you fight bare-fisted. If you're tired of identikit shooters this is one game you can guarantee will surprise you.
- Hidden Treasure: The Wii's best shoot 'em-up, from the cult developers of classics such as Gunstar Heroes and Ikaruga.
- Bullet Heaven: Intense shooter action with super slick 60 frames per second graphics, highly varied enemies and backdrops, and gigantic end-of-level bosses.
- Blasting Buddy: Have a friend join in with a special co-operative mode that adds an extra gun sight to the action for twice the mayhem.
- Board Games: Test yourself against the best players in the world with an instantly updated online leaderboard for each level.
- Control Yourself: Multiple control systems let you play the game however you want, with support for the Wii Zapper and the Classic Controller.
About the Developer: Treasure
One of the oldest independent studios in Japan, Treasure are behind such cult classics as Gunstar Heroes, Guardian Heroes, Bangai-O, Ikaruga, Astro Boy: Omega Factor, Gradius V and Sin and Punishment. They specialise in shoot 'em-ups and some of the best end-of-level bosses ever.
- Players can run on foot or take to the skies with a jetpack or hovering skateboard-like device to dodge enemy attacks or get a better lock on their targets
- Players can fire at targets in the distance or switch to sword attacks for close-range targets
- The Wii Remote controller pointing ability is used to aim weapons, while the Nunchuk controller is used for positioning and manoeuvring
- Numerous settings include beautifully rendered cityscapes and dramatic underwater tunnels, all populated by fierce enemies
- It all about the multiplier. The better a player skills, the more points are earned, and the bigger the bonus
- Players will want to play the game again and again to beat their personal best on each level
- The better the performance, the bigger the multiplier and the higher the final score
When will my order be dispatched?
Orders placed before 3:00pm (Monday – Friday)* will be dispatched on the same day. Orders placed outside of these hours will be dispatched on the next working day.
* Excluding UK public holidays
How will my order be sent?
Our standard delivery option is FREE in the UK via Royal Mail First Class, with large or high value orders sent via Parcelforce courier service. Delivery to Europe (from an additional £2 per item) and other Worldwide countries (from an additional £4 per item) are sent via Royal Mail International who work with trusted delivery partners to deliver to the destination country.
We also offer a guaranteed Special Next Day service* on this item for UK delivery at an additional cost from £5.95, which is guaranteed to be delivered before 1pm the following day or we'll refund the postage cost!
* Available until 3:00pm (Monday – Friday) excluding UK public holidays.
When can I expect it to arrive?
- UKDeliveries to destinations in the UK usually arrive within 1-2 working days after the order is dispatched with the vast majority arriving on the next working day.
Deliveries to destinations in Europe take on average 3-5 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
Deliveries to destinations outside of Europe take on average 5-7 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
If your order has not arrived by the expected delivery date this is usually no reason for concern - see our delivery help pages.