The PlayStation Eye is a must-have accessory for any PlayStation 3 (PS3) owner looking to extend their interactive gaming and online communication experience. The powerful camera functionality of PlayStation Eye combined with the PlayStation Move controllers (sold separately) provide for the most advanced motion controlled gaming experience to date, while standard high-end video and audio features also allow it to facilitate crystal clear audio and video chat via PlayStation Network, as well as editable and savable video and static images.
Revolutionise Your Gaming and Online Communication
The PlayStation Eye camera is an integral part of PlayStation Move's experience. The camera tracks the sphere of the Move motion controller and your head movement to accurately read your every move. Crouch behind cover, or dodge an incoming attack - your movements will be accurately captured in-game. The camera has a fast frame rate for pristine video quality. It can capture the image of you and your surroundings, turning your living room into the setting for playtime with your EyePet, or making you the star contestant in TV Superstars. It has built-in microphones so that you can chat about strategies with other players, give in-game commands, or set up a private conversations with up to six friends.
PlayStation Move offers a new and innovative gaming experience for the PlayStation3 (PS3) system by fusing realistic, high-definition gaming along with accurate, intuitive control. Consisting of PlayStation Move motion controller, the PlayStation Move sub-controller and the PlayStation Eye camera, the PlayStation Move controller system enables sophisticated motion control and immersive gameplay only possible on PlayStation 3.
- 6 or 75 degrees field or view zoom lens
- Fixed-focus, 1ft to infinity (manual adjustment not required)
- 640 x 480 at 60 frames/second
- 320 x 240 at 120 frames/second
- 8 bit or 10 bit dynamic range
- USB 2.0 high-speed transfer
- Uncompressed video or optional JPEG compressor
- Omni-directional four microphone linear array
- 4 channel ADC IC chip
- 18bit at SNR 90db, up to 48kHz audio sampling rate
Extend the Fun with EyeCreate Software
The free, downloadable EyeCreate editing software allows PlayStation Eye owners to save photos, and video and audio clips to your PS3 hard disk drive, as well as apply eye-catching visual effects to your images. Different capture modes like time-lapse and slow motion, open up a world of possibilities to be explored further in EyeCreate's editing suite, where you can turn your media into professional looking movies.
Key Peripheral Features
- Tracks the motion controller's sphere to accurately read player position.
- Engineered to perform well in low light conditions.
- Enables head tracking to read complete upper body movement.
- Zoom lens for close-up or full body options.
- Captures the video of you and your surroundings, turning the living room into the setting of the game.
- Fast frame rate up to 120 frames/second provides pristine video quality.
- Take photos of your victories and defeats and share with friends.
- Creates a realistic, lifelike avatar of yourself using your own image.
- Can be used for in-game chat and voice-commands.
- Sound quality is crystal clear with the built-in 4 microphone array.
When will my order be dispatched?
Orders placed before 3:00pm (Monday – Friday)* will be dispatched on the same day. Orders placed outside of these hours will be dispatched on the next working day.
* Excluding UK public holidays
How will my order be sent?
Our standard delivery option is FREE in the UK via Royal Mail First Class, with large or high value orders sent via Parcelforce courier service. Delivery to Europe (from an additional £2 per item) and other Worldwide countries (from an additional £4 per item) are sent via Royal Mail International who work with trusted delivery partners to deliver to the destination country.
When can I expect it to arrive?
- UKDeliveries to destinations in the UK usually arrive within 1-2 working days after the order is dispatched with the vast majority arriving on the next working day.
Deliveries to destinations in Europe take on average 3-5 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
Deliveries to destinations outside of Europe take on average 5-7 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
If your order has not arrived by the expected delivery date this is usually no reason for concern - see our delivery help pages.