The most technically advanced motion picture ever made has also inspired a video game that's set to make its own waves, as the world of Pandora becomes interactive. Just like the film you must choose whether to side with the human military or the native Na'vi, as both fight for control of the planet.
Just like the film the game can be played in stereoscopic 3D, but whether you don the goggles or not the intense third person action stands on its own. The game's huge levels leave plenty of space for the two sides to face off, with the technologically advanced humans surprisingly even matched against the super strong Na'vi.
You need brawn as well as brain to win though, with unlockable abilities that can change the course of battle and a strategic overview map to keep control of. With the whole game closely overseen by James Cameron this is one of the most authentic movie tie-ins ever made.
- Untold story: Explore the world of Pandora in an exclusive prequel story set before the movie, but created with the help of the film creators - including James Cameron.
- Cinematic visuals: Incredible graphics replicate the look and feel of the film, from the deadly wildlife to the giant floating islands.
- Evolve or die: Unlock new skills and abilities by accumulating "effort points", from air strikes and invisibility for the humans to deadly animal mounts as the Na'vi.
- Risky business: Strategic overview map lets you plot the overall course of the war - although the biggest decision is which army you choose to side with.
- The third way: Just like the film you can experience the whole of the Avatar game in full 3D, if you have a console with HDMI output and a 120Hz TV.
About the Developer: Ubisoft Montreal
Ubisoft's huge development studio in Canada has created many of the French publisher's biggest hits, including the Splinter Cell series, the modern Prince of Persia games, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Assassin's Creed, Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, the Far Cry sequels and James Cameron's Avatar.
When will my order be dispatched?
This item is on order. It will usually be dispatched within 5-7 days after the order has been placed.
How will my order be sent?
Our standard delivery option is FREE in the UK via Royal Mail First Class, with large or high value orders sent via Parcelforce courier service. Delivery to Europe (from an additional £2 per item) and other Worldwide countries (from an additional £4 per item) are sent via Royal Mail International who work with trusted delivery partners to deliver to the destination country.
When can I expect it to arrive?
- UKDeliveries to destinations in the UK usually arrive within 1-2 working days after the order is dispatched with the vast majority arriving on the next working day.
Deliveries to destinations in Europe take on average 3-5 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
Deliveries to destinations outside of Europe take on average 5-7 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
If your order has not arrived by the expected delivery date this is usually no reason for concern - see our delivery help pages.