Borderlands sends up to four co-op players to the harsh frontier planet Pandora in search of a mysterious Alien Vault. Featuring unique first-person role-playing shooter gameplay, you'll customise your character as you explore and battle enemies in frantic first-person shooter combat.
And what would a role-playing shooter be without loot? Borderlands groundbreaking content generation system creates a near endless variety of weapons and items to customise your character! Players can join and leave other players' games at any time, or choose to face the challenges of Borderlands alone. All these features combine with a deep, rich fiction and a bold art style to create a breathtaking experience that challenges the conventions of modern shooters...
- Co-Op Design: Borderlands is built from the ground up to be an exciting, intuitive co-operative experience for up to four players simultaneously that rewards players who work together and invest in co-op skills. Split-screen is also supported.
- FPS Gameplay: In this role-playing shooter, choose one of four distinct characters, each with their own individual skill sets. As your character grows throughout this fast-paced FPS, you choose and customise your abilities to suit your style of play!
- Art Style: The distinctive art style combines traditional rendering techniques with hand-drawn textures to paint a bold and eye-catching spin on the FPS genre.
- Vehicular Combat: Jump behind the wheel and engage in high-speed vehicle-to-vehicle combat, complete with spectacular explosions and road-killed Skags!
- Frontier Planet: Search the wasteland planet of Pandora for the legendary Alien Vault. Fight your way through bandits, discover nine native (and aggressive) creatures, and help the few settlers on the planet in your search for a Vault rumoured to contain a great prize - if it even exists!