Call of Duty returns, and to many people’s surprise, it’s going back to World War II. While original series creators Infinity Ward brought the series into the modern day, developer Treyarch are setting out to make the definitive historical first-person shooter.
The game is primarily set in the Pacific theatre and has a much more realistic, violent tone requiring less-linear game play than previous Call of Duty installments. You'll struggle to survive Japanese attacks without mastering new gaming skills, like swimming or how to use a flamethrower--a weapon that packs some punch in the fully destructable game world.
Also featured is a campaign on the Eastern front, where you take control of a soldier in the Soviet Red Army during the attack on Berlin in the closing stages of the war. The game also includes the series’ first co-op mode, while the competitive multiplayer mode aims to build upon the achievements of Call of Duty 4 and add to the game’s longevity.
- Dual campaigns: Fight in two very different World War II battles. Take on the Japanese Imperial army in the Pacific, and liberate Berlin as part of the Soviet Red Army.
- Grim realities: Experience the most bloody and realistic combat ever seen in the series, as you witness enemy atrocities and wield horrific new weapons such as the flamethrower.
- Job with benefits: Revamped competitive multiplayer mode features useable vehicles and an expanded perks system from Call of Duty 4.
- Brothers in arms: For the first time, a Call of Duty game features a four-player co-operative mode that’s playable online or via a split screen option on the same console.
- Modern graphics: The game uses an enhanced version of the Call of Duty 4 graphics engine, with wood that splinters realistically when shot and fires that spread organically.
When will my order be dispatched?
This item is on order. It will usually be dispatched within after the order has been placed.
How will my order be sent?
Our standard delivery option is FREE in the UK via Royal Mail First Class, with large or high value orders sent via Parcelforce courier service. Delivery to Europe (from an additional £2 per item) and other Worldwide countries (from an additional £4 per item) are sent via Royal Mail International who work with trusted delivery partners to deliver to the destination country.
When can I expect it to arrive?
- UKDeliveries to destinations in the UK usually arrive within 1-2 working days after the order is dispatched with the vast majority arriving on the next working day.
Deliveries to destinations in Europe take on average 3-5 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
Deliveries to destinations outside of Europe take on average 5-7 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
If your order has not arrived by the expected delivery date this is usually no reason for concern - see our delivery help pages.