Immerse yourself in the Dark Souls experience with the Collector's Edition, which comes wrapped inside a collectible custom designed folded box, the highly anticipated Dark Souls game, a downloadable game guide, unique art book packed with exclusive, high-quality imagery, the original soundtrack & behind-the-scenes videos taken with Dark Souls game development studio FromSoftware.
- ORIGINAL GAME: Dark Souls.
- MAKING-OF DVD: All the cinematic materials related to game - trailers, dev diaries, gameplay footage, interviews and making-of exclusive video.
- ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK CD: Audio-CD with in-game music.
- ARTWORK: All the artworks and preliminary designs featured in an exclusive Artbook.
- GAME GUIDE: Dark Souls digital game guide for both novice and experienced role-playing fans. Guide book only available as a digital download for Mac & PC.
Set in a rich, dark fantasy universe,the game's tense dungeon crawling, fearsome enemy encounters and groundbreaking online features combine for an utterly compelling experience. Dark Souls breaks down barriers with a seamless world that encourages exploration and demands adaptability. As players encounter terrifying enemies and discover new areas, the game's foundation of challenge and reward permeates the experience, delivering an unparalleled sense of achievement.
In Dark Souls, players have a new friend. The Beacon Fire is a key feature that will permeate the entire game universe, serving a number of important functions for players as they battle on many levels to overcome the uniquely challenging universe.
The game world of Dark Souls is seamless, with no distinct levels and few loading times. Throughout the world, the small, warm light of the beacon fire will serve as a point of subtle relief that glows in the cold, dark world that the player explores. The main functions of The Beacon Fire are as follows:
- Recovery Point: Use the fire to restore the Life Gauge
- Restart Point: When a player dies in the game they can restart from the last Beacon Fire, helping players progress in the face of adversity and death
- Sharing Point: Players may gather around the beacon fire to share the Dark Souls experience