Set in a parallel universe called "The Void," in Dark Void players take on the role of Will, a down on his luck cargo pilot who crashes in the Bermuda Triangle, and is inexplicably transported to the alien dimension which is the mysterious Void. Here this unlikely hero is caught up in a desperate struggle for survival, joining forces with a rebel human group called The Survivors in their struggle against an ancient and hostile race known as the Watchers who have enslaved the humans of the Void for millenia. Will's main goal is to discover a way to get back to his own dimension, but in that he and the humans of the Void have a common enemy, it eventually seems that he may be destined for a higher calling as well.
- Sci-Fi action/adventure combines aerial and on-foot combat for a totally unique third-person shooter experience.
- Will’s jetpack delives total freedom of movement allowing players to race against UFOs in high-speed chases and rain death from above onto unsuspecting otherworldly foes.
- Gravity-defying vertical combat system, where moving up is the only way to bring your enemies down.
- Unique grip system that allows the players to scale walls by jumping from surface to surface and hijack UFO’s while in mid-air.
- Huge bosses that require fast reflexes and aerial barnstorming maneuvers to defeat.