Darksiders is a third-person, single player action/adventure game inspired by the characters, themes and mythology of the apocalypse and the battle of Armageddon described by the Book of Revelation. But this modern interpretation is not your run of the mill Sunday school stroll through the New Testament. In the game players take on the role of "War," one of the dread Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. But things are not as they were.
Once the unstoppable and just wielder of divine retribution, War is now reduced in stature and cast out amongst the ruined lands of the Earth that he himself devastated. All that remains is the search for the truth behind his betrayal and the survival of its consequences.
- Apocalyptic Power of War - Unleash the wrath of War, combining brutal attacks and supernatural abilities to decimate all who stand in your way.
- Extreme Arsenal - Wield a devastating arsenal of angelic, demonic, and Earthly weapons, and blaze a trail of destruction atop Ruin, War's fiery phantom steed.
- Epic Quest - Battle across the wastelands and demon-infested dungeons of the decimated Earth in your quest for vengeance and redemption.
- Character Progression - Uncover powerful ancient relics, upgrade your weapons, unlock new abilities, and customize your gameplay style.
- Battle Heaven and Hell - Battle against all who stand in your way—from war-weary angelic forces to hell's hideous demon hordes.
- Weapons and Gear - Darksiders features an extensive arsenal and inventory of weapons and gear.
- Varied Play Environments - Players will fight through varied environments, including those above and underground, and modern and nightmarishly mythical in design.
- Xbox LIVE - Although a single player game, Darksiders features Xbox LIVE achievements, content downloads and other features to heighten the gameplay experience.