Dodonpachi Resurrection (Daifukkatsu in Japan) is the fifth game in CAVE’s flagship DonPachi series.
After the turmoil caused by the assault on Lunapolis which sparked the "Blissful Death Wars" (as depicted in the previous installment), peace seems to have been restored, with the legendary DonPachi Corps retreating to its HQ in a space-time fold. Six years later, anomalies are detected in the space-time fabric, yet tests reveal nothing out of order, with the portals regularly functioning for both teleportation and time travel; also, the leader of the DonPachi squadron Colonel Longhena Gottvin dismisses the matter due to the lack of actual danger.
Nevertheless, a technician delves deeper into the anomaly, discovering that something has infiltrated the HQ computer systems and is using the portals to send large quantities of materials and data to the past, spreading out like a virus and quickly evolving. Unsettled, the Colonel authorizes the last transport ship to time jump in order to fight back the invasion before future changes.
Once again, the three pilots jump back in time to 2008 and enter the fray, the transport ship being targeted as soon as it exits the portal: the Element Daughters, gigantic evolutions of the Dolls, are awaiting... The bee is still humming. Game Features
- Xbox 360‐only Features. Now players can experience Dodonpachi Resurrection the way it was intended, for arcades. Challenge the complex scoring system of Arcade mode in full HD resolution with an arcade stick or Xbox 360 controller.
- An AI that adapts to the player. Dodonpachi Resurrection for Xbox 360 features a remixed mode “Arrange B” which adjusts itself according to the user’s play style. With every play-through, bullets increase or decrease according to skill. With each clear, enemies get harder to kill and more bullets fill the screen, on the other hand giving incredible scoring opportunities. The only stop to this progression is the skill of the player him or herself.
- A Tribute to a Classic. Exclusive to the console release, “Arrange A” is the second remixed mode included with “Resurrection”, which borrows some of the gameplay mechanics of PS2 shooter classic and prequel “Daioujou” for a massive challenge.
- Online scoreboards and replays. Dodonpachi Resurrection features online scoreboards and replays to let you compare your scores to friends as well as the best of the best. Online score sharing is a huge step over the PS2 days and conveys the relevance of point‐based games much better than any offline console has ever done.
When will my order be dispatched?
This item is on order. It will usually be dispatched within after the order has been placed.
How will my order be sent?
Our standard delivery option is FREE in the UK via Royal Mail First Class, with large or high value orders sent via Parcelforce courier service. Delivery to Europe (from an additional £2 per item) and other Worldwide countries (from an additional £4 per item) are sent via Royal Mail International who work with trusted delivery partners to deliver to the destination country.
When can I expect it to arrive?
- UKDeliveries to destinations in the UK usually arrive within 1-2 working days after the order is dispatched with the vast majority arriving on the next working day.
Deliveries to destinations in Europe take on average 3-5 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
Deliveries to destinations outside of Europe take on average 5-7 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
If your order has not arrived by the expected delivery date this is usually no reason for concern - see our delivery help pages.