Celebrate The World’s Game in EA SPORTS FIFA 18 with the addition of football’s biggest tournament: the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™. Available to FIFA 18 owners on Nintendo Switch™ through a free* content update on May 29, the FIFA World Cup™ update lets you experience the greatest tournament on earth through authentic gameplay, teams, stadiums, and more.
- 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™: Choose one of 32 qualified nations and play through the authentic tournament structure, from the group stage to the final in Moscow.
- FIFA World Cup™ Kick-Off: Jump into an offline match solo or with friends using official teams, players, kits, presentation elements, and authentic stadium atmospheres from the FIFA World Cup™.
- Custom FIFA World Cup™ Tournament: Select any licensed national team in FIFA 18, from the USA to Italy, and bring your FIFA World Cup™ dreams to life by creating your own tournament draw.
- FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team™: The most popular mode in FIFA 18, Ultimate Team, now with a fresh FIFA World Cup™ experience. Thanks to a revised chemistry system, FIFA World Cup™ ICONS, and dynamic player items related to the real-world tournament, FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team lets you build your dream international squad.
- FIFA World Cup ™ Local Multiplayer: Pick up and play a FIFA World Cup™ match across two Switch consoles offline in Local Multiplayer mode.
Authentic FIFA World Cup™ Presentation
- Official FIFA World Cup™ Elements: Authentic teams, kits, badges, match balls, and the famous tournament trophy, the FIFA World Cup™ in FIFA 18 delivers a complete and official tournament experience.
- Immersive Atmospheres: All 12 stadiums from Russia are included in the FIFA World Cup™ update*. Enjoy the tournament’s sights and sounds, thanks to authentic pitch environments, advertisements, dressings, and national team banners.
- Authentic Presentation: The official 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ graphic and broadcast package provides a genuine football experience.
FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team
- All-New FIFA World Cup™ ICONS: FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team will feature some of the most iconic players from the tournament’s history.
- FIFA World Cup™ Chemistry System: FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team provides different ways to link your favorite international players; instead of clubs and leagues, nationalities and confederations will be key chemistry components to consider when building and organizing your squad.
- FIFA World Cup™ Player Pool: Featuring up-to- date squads from every qualified nation with refreshed ratings, FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team gives you everything you need to build your international dream squad.
- Dynamic FIFA World Cup™ Items: Built to match real world performance, FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team items will update based on the performances of players who stood out on matchday. These player items will receive upgraded stats, ensuring that FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team offers a fresh and relevant experience for the entire tournament.
- Double Pack Incentive: For every Standard or Premium pack you purchase in FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team, you will receive equivalent pack value in FUT 18.
- FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team Modes:
- Single Player Tournament
- Squad Building Challenges
- Online Tournament
- Single Player
- Draft Online
Your FIFA, Your Way: Brand-new ways to play single and multiplayer on the most social FIFA experience ever. With a variety of controller and display configurations available, as well as split Joy-Con™ support, FIFA 18 on the Nintendo Switch offers a responsive and engaging gaming experience – no matter how you play.
Your Favorite FIFA Modes, for Nintendo Switch: With FIFA Ultimate TeamTM, Career Mode, and Nintendo Switch-tailored Kickoff, and Local Seasons, FIFA 18 on Nintendo Switch is the deepest portable FIFA ever.
Immersive Presentation and Gameplay: With advanced rendering technology, FIFA 18 on Nintendo Switch delivers an unparalleled experience. The product boasts a full 1080p on TV and 720p on handheld, delivering authentic football atmospheres, no matter where you play. Experience brand-new pitch environments, unique physically based rendering for all characters, and new gameplay mechanics.
Console Configurations: Experience FIFA wherever, whenever and however you want. Connect to your television and play, Single or Multiplayer, Offline or Online**, or take the same modes on-the- go. Play with the console:
- Local Multiplayer Connection
Split Joy-Con Support: A new FIFA control scheme, built exclusively for Nintendo Switch, enables you to compete with your friends anytime and anywhere.
Without any additional hardware, players can separate the Joy-Con controllers and enjoy multiplayer game modes at home, or on the go. Joy-Con Support on FIFA 18 includes:
Note: FIFA 18 will also support Pro Controller configuration.
With FIFA Ultimate Team, Career Mode, Switch Kick Off, and Local Seasons, FIFA 18 on Nintendo Switch offers fans more depth in modes than any other portable console.
Modes, Built for Nintendo Switch: FIFA 18 built for Nintendo Switch includes your favorite modes from the EA SPORTS FIFA franchise, optimized for the console.
- Switch Kick Off: Pick-up and play instantly in single-player or local multiplayer with a friend.
- Local Seasons: Match-up with a friend, play a five-match season, and keep track of your overall win/loss record. Local Seasons are played across two Nintendo Switch consoles allowing up to 4 players.
- Career Mode: Take control of a club as a player or manager and steer your club to victory over multiple seasons.
- Tournaments: Play offline in a knockout style tournament structure.
- Women’s International Cup: Play as the world’s best women’s teams and compete for your country in a knockout style tournament.
- Skill Games: Hone your skills playing individual mini-games focused on dribbling, passing, shooting, defending and more.
- Online Seasons: Compete against other Nintendo Switch players online and track your divisional progress as you push to get promoted and ultimately win the championship.
FIFA Ultimate Team: The most popular mode in EA SPORTS FIFA is available on Nintendo Switch, allowing you to build and manage your own squad from thousands of authentic players.
- Depth in Modes: The most exciting ways to play FUT including: Single Player and Online versions of Seasons, Tournaments, and Draft while also featuring Squad Building Challenges and Team of The Week Challenges.
- FUT Icons: The best of the best are coming to FIFA 18. Play with most iconic legends of football including Ronaldo Nazário, and more to be revealed. Live Campaigns: FIFA Ultimate Team reflects the real world, evolving with the season to align and reflect major cultural and football moments.
- Transfer Market: Engage in a global transfer system, buying and selling players to build your team and track down the players you want for your squad.
Authentic Visuals: With advanced rendering technology, FIFA on Nintendo Switch delivers an unparalleled experience. The product boasts full 1080p on TV and 720p on handheld, Nintendo Switch delivers authentic football atmospheres.
- Physically Based Player Rendering (PBR): Experience authentic player renders, built with PBR shading to make characters more life-like than ever before on a portable console.
- Immersive Environments: Advanced rendering technology puts you in authentic stadiums, featuring 3D crowds and grass, and immersive broadcast presentation.
Gameplay: New gameplay mechanics allow you to take total control on the pitch.
- Complete Control Crossing: All-new crossing controls provide the player with a variety of options to put the ball into the box, creating dynamic attacking chances.
- Responsive Play: Feel in control of possession in attack, with creative skills, responsive touches, and a dynamic control dribble mechanic. In addition, authentic animations for volleys, shooting, and tackling offer a fluid and rewarding gameplay experience.
- Trainer Overlays: Intelligent overlays help you learn gameplay mechanics. The trainer adapts to how your style of play, giving an edge to players of all skill levels.
* FIFA World Cup ™ game update available for download May 29th , 2018. REQUIRES ALL PREVIOUS GAME UPDATES AND INTERNET CONNECTION.