The Locust Horde is back and only you and your squad of elite soldiers stand between them and the death of every human being on the planet Sera. In Gears of War 2, entire cities are being destroyed in single attacks, and you must take the fight to the Locusts by battling them in their own underground lairs.
The bestselling third-person shooter is back: bigger, better, and gorier than ever before. But you can't just blast your way through it--this game requires far more tactics and cunning than your usual mindless shooter. A refined cover system means you can use the enemy as "meat shields" as well as hide behind the fully destructible scenery.
The graphics are looking better than ever, and the game is purposefully more bloody and violent than before. The story and characterisation has also been improved, making Gears of War 2 with brains as well as brawn.
- Brothers in arms: Have a friend join or leave your single player game whenever you want, and even battle together on different difficultly levels.
- Evolving enemies: You finally get a chance to take down the giant Brumak enemies, as well as even larger monsters and new creatures, such as the explosive Ticker.
- Practise makes perfect: Practice the multiplayer mode on your own with computer controlled “bots”--then use the new matchmaking system to find a real opponent of the same skill level.
- Chainsaw massacre: If you loved the chainsaw bayonet in the original game, you now can duel computer or human opponents with gaming’s messiest weapon attachment.
- Hordes of options: Try the new five-player Horde mode, where you all face off against an unending wave of enemies, or any of the seven other multiplayer modes.
When will my order be dispatched?
This item is on order. It will usually be dispatched within after the order has been placed.
How will my order be sent?
Our standard delivery option is FREE in the UK via Royal Mail First Class, with large or high value orders sent via Parcelforce courier service. Delivery to Europe (from an additional £2 per item) and other Worldwide countries (from an additional £4 per item) are sent via Royal Mail International who work with trusted delivery partners to deliver to the destination country.
When can I expect it to arrive?
- UKDeliveries to destinations in the UK usually arrive within 1-2 working days after the order is dispatched with the vast majority arriving on the next working day.
Deliveries to destinations in Europe take on average 3-5 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
Deliveries to destinations outside of Europe take on average 5-7 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
If your order has not arrived by the expected delivery date this is usually no reason for concern - see our delivery help pages.