- Crank it up to 11 and get ready to rock - Featuring over 70 percent master recordings over 40 years of music.
- Truly exclusive music - Multiple tracks that can only be found in the game include guitar icons Slash and Tom Morello.
- An authentic look and feel - Improving the graphics from the ground up have created a more intense visual element
- Rock this way - The arcade-inspired battle mode adds a new dimension to the Guitar Hero franchise.
- You've got to beat the best, to be the best - Battle mode lends itself to the boss battles featuring Slash and Tom Morello.
- It takes two - new Co-op Career mode to progress through career with a friend.
- Rockin' around the world - Compete head-to-head in any of the competitive game modes online.
- Dude, where's my wire? - Wireless guitars on the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii will have the Gibson Les Paul guitar shape.
The game that killed the air guitar is back with the first in the series not to be developed by Guitar Hero creators Harmonix (they’ve been bought by MTV to make Rock Band). With Tony Hawk’s developer Neversoft taking over the basics are nevertheless still the same as you use the series’ signature guitar shaped controller to play along to a greatest hits line-up of rock classics. The new wireless controllers for this version are based on a Gibson Les Paul (or a Kramer for the PS2 version) and even have customisable faceplates and a removable neck for easy storage.
The gameplay seems simple enough at first, as a cursor highlights which of the five fret buttons to press at one time. All you have to do then is press the right one and strum along on the flipper. Which of course sounds incredibly easy, until you’re trying to keep up with Rock you like a Hurricane as the virtual crowd bays for your blood.
New for this sequel is an extra multiplayer mode called Battle where you play against another player and try to put him off with special attacks like breaking their strings or overloading their amp. Naturally the graphics are all new, including new characters (plus Slash as an end of level boss) and venues but the most important feature is simply the soundtrack. Over 70 songs are featured, half of them originals, with everyone from Queens of the Stone Age to Smashing Pumpkins to Metallica and Slayer. In short: the game rocks. Game Features
When will my order be dispatched?
This item is on order. It will usually be dispatched within after the order has been placed.
How will my order be sent?
Our standard delivery option is FREE in the UK via Royal Mail First Class, with large or high value orders sent via Parcelforce courier service.
When can I expect it to arrive?
- UKDeliveries to destinations in the UK usually arrive within 1-2 working days after the order is dispatched with the vast majority arriving on the next working day.
If your order has not arrived by the expected delivery date this is usually no reason for concern - see our delivery help pages.