Alexander. Hannibal. Caesar. These great men and dozens like them shaped the destiny of a continent. Mighty kings, clever generals and would-be gods made their mark on the ancient Mediterranean. Around this sea, close knit nations tested their mettle and virtue against each other in fierce combat, their cultural and political legacy now inseparable from what we understand as Western Civilization. But nothing was guaranteed. Can you change the course of history in Imperator: Rome? Now includes the Punic Wars content pack.
Imperator: Rome is the newest grand strategy title from Paradox Development Studio. Set in the tumultuous centuries from Alexander’s Successor Empires in the East to the foundation of the Roman Empire, Imperator: Rome invites you to relive the pageantry and challenges of empire building in the classical era. Manage your population, keep an eye out for treachery, and keep faith with your gods.
- CHARACTER MANGEMENT: A living world of characters with varying skills and traits that will change over time. They will lead your nation, govern your provinces and command your armies and fleets. We also introduce our new, more human-like character art.
- DIVERSE POPULATIONS: Citizens, freemen, tribesmen and slaves - each population with its own culture and religion. Whether they fill your armies, fill your coffers or fill your colonies, keep an eye on their happiness - your success depends on their satisfaction.
- BATTLE TACTICS: Choose your approach before battle to counter the stratagems of your foes.
- MILITARY TRADITIONS: Each culture has a unique way of waging war. Romans and Celts have different options available to them. Unlock unique bonuses, abilities and units.
- DIFFERENT GOVERNMENT TYPES: Manage the senate in a Republic, hold your court together in a monarchy, answer to the clans in a tribal system.
- BARBARIANS AND REBELLIONS: Migrating barbarians may sack or settle your best land, while disloyal governors or generals can turn against you - taking their armies with them!
- TRADE: Goods provide bonuses to their home province. Will you take advantage of stockpiles for local strength or trade excess goods to spread the wealth around?
- PROVINCIAL IMPROVEMENT: Invest in buildings, roads and defences to make your kingdom stronger and richer.
DAY ONE EDITION includes:
Deluxe Edition Upgrade pack
- Hellenistic World: This flavor pack adds new color to the Wars of the Diadochi, including new units models and game flavor.
- Digital Artbook: High resolution images of the artwork of Imperator: Rome are compiled in a handy digital format, including insight from the artists and the designers responsible for the look of this highly anticipated grand strategy game.
- Wallpapers: The historical illustrations that greet you as you load Imperator: Rome are now immediately available to you as attractive wallpaper for your computer's desktop.
The Punic Wars DLC
- Roman Mission Pack: Nine unique mission trees for the star of Imperator: Rome to guide your conquest of Italy and neighboring regions.
- Carthaginian Mission Pack: Ten unique mission trees for the children of Tyre to help you plan your mercantile and military dominance of Africa, Spain and the rest of the west.
- Numidian Unit Model: New army model for the Numidians, North Africans often hired as mercenaries by larger powers.
- Carthaginian Ship Model: A unique ship design for Carthaginian navies.
- New Music: Three additional music tracks to soothe your conquering soul.
- Punic city model for Levantine cities.
Magna Graecia DLC
- Apotheosis: A popular ruler from a prestigious family may be declared a god and welcomed into the State Pantheon. Elevate enough rulers and you may institute an Imperial Cult religion.
- New Greek missions: New missions available for Flag of Athens Athens, Flag of Sparta Sparta, and Flag of Syracusae Syracusae.
- New Deities: 12 new Greek deities tied to historical Holy Sites across the Greek world.
- Hellenistic Themed Treasures: Collect special artifacts based on the history and legends of the Hellenistic world.
- New Music, Art, and 3D Models
- 3 Mission Trees for Flag of Epirus
- Unique Army Model for Flag of Epirus
- Unique Ship Model for Flag of Epirus
- Special Epirote Monument: the Oracle complex of Dodona
- 6 Event Chains related to the life of Pyrrhus of Epirus each with new art
- 3 Additional Epirus Event chains, new to Imperator: Rome
- One new music track
Complete digital Soundtrack