LittleBigPlanet is a unique community-based game with a hugely innovative concept behind it. Players meet on a blue and green planet scattered with individual plots - and use their character's amazing abilities to play, create and share what they build with other gamers throughout the world via PlayStation Network.
The LittleBigPlanet experience starts with players learning about their character's powers to interact physically with the environment. There are places to explore, creative resources to collect and puzzles to solve - all requiring a combination of brains and collaborative teamwork. As soon as players begin their creative skills will grow and they will soon be ready to start creating and modifying their surroundings - the first step to sharing them with the whole community.
Characters have the power to move anything in this glued and stitched-together 3D landscape; they have the power to design, shape and build both objects and entire locations for others to view and play. There's no complicated level editor; all of these skills can be learned by simply playing the game. Creativity is part of the gameplay experience and playing is part of the creative experience. Players can make their world as open or as secretive to explore as they like. When it's ready, they can invite anyone within the LittleBigPlanet community to come and explore their patch - or can go and explore everybody else's.
- Unreal reality: There’s never been a game that looks like this, with ultra cute characters but realistically modelled physics and materials from wood to sponge.
- Co-op fun: Co-operate with up to three friends, as you run, jump, and swing around each level and overcome the cunning puzzles and dangerous enemies.
- Everything changes: Every single element of the game is fully customisable from your player character to each of the levels and all of the objects within them.
- Mad scientist: Create your own unique levels and change the properties of any objects to make Sackboy mincing traps or huge machines that can move whole levels.
- Eye see you: Use the EyeToy camera to further customise your game with special stickers that allow you to add your own photos to any level.