Set in the shattered subway of a post apocalyptic Moscow, Metro 2033 is a story of intensive underground survival where the fate of mankind rests in your hands.
In 2013 the world was devastated by an apocalyptic event, annihilating almost all mankind and turning the earth’s surface into a poisonous wasteland. A handful of survivors took refuge in the depths of the Moscow underground, and human civilization entered a new Dark Age.
The year is 2033. An entire generation has been born and raised underground, and their besieged Metro Station-Cities struggle for survival, with each other, and the mutant horrors that await outside.
You are Artyom, born in the last days before the fire, but raised Underground. Having never ventured beyond your Metro Station-City limits, one fateful event sparks a desperate mission to the heart of the Metro system, to warn the remnants of mankind of a terrible impending threat. Your journey takes you from the forgotten catacombs beneath the subway to the desolate wastelands above, where your actions will determine the fate of mankind.
No one likes getting stuck on the underground, but imagine never having step foot outside for more than twenty years. Based on the cult novel by Russian writer Dmitry Glukhovsky this is an inventive mix of first person shooter, role-playing game and survival horror. In a post-apocalyptic future the Earth is a radioactive wasteland, where dangerous mutants and the pyshic "Dark Ones" roam above ground. As you try to unite all the different metro stations comparisons to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. are inevitable, with a similarly oppressive atmosphere as gas masks steam up and apparently supernatural monsters seem to rage about you.
Most missions will see you working with other allies, although there are many human factions to deal with and you won't be able to stay on good terms with them all. With a complex narrative, intense action and genuine scares this is set to be one of the most innovative shooters of the year. Game Features
- From Russia with Love: The Moscow underground becomes the last safe haven for humanity in this ground-breaking mix of genres and cinematic storytelling.
- Beautiful destruction: Stunning visuals create a unique vision of the future where even the air you breathe is deadly and every shadow hides deadly mutants.
- Economy of war: Customise your character and their equipment, with radiation detectors, night vision goggles and an economic system where bullets are the main currency.
- Diplomatic manoeuvring: Not all humans will be on your side, so pick your friends carefully and employ stealth tactics if you need to raid an enemy base.
- Further reading: Based on the original story by Dmitry Glukhovsky, and adapted with help from the novelist himself, you must uncover the secrets of the Dark Ones.
When will my order be dispatched?
This item is on order. It will usually be dispatched within after the order has been placed.
How will my order be sent?
Our standard delivery option is FREE in the UK via Royal Mail First Class, with large or high value orders sent via Parcelforce courier service. Delivery to Europe (from an additional £2 per item) and other Worldwide countries (from an additional £4 per item) are sent via Royal Mail International who work with trusted delivery partners to deliver to the destination country.
When can I expect it to arrive?
- UKDeliveries to destinations in the UK usually arrive within 1-2 working days after the order is dispatched with the vast majority arriving on the next working day.
Deliveries to destinations in Europe take on average 3-5 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
Deliveries to destinations outside of Europe take on average 5-7 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
If your order has not arrived by the expected delivery date this is usually no reason for concern - see our delivery help pages.