Sony's upcoming handheld gaming system, the PlayStation Vita, is the long-rumoured successor to the PlayStation Portable hardware series. Projected for a pre-Christmas 2011 release, the PlayStation Vita retains the familiar general form of the PlayStation Portable while improving on its processing power, graphical quality, and control and Wi-Fi based features to produce a handheld gaming device that truly signals the entry of handhelds into the world of Next-Gen gaming.Infinite Possibilities. Innovative Experiences
Sony's PlayStation Vita is designed to blur the lines between interactive entertainment and reality. Reaching beyond the capabilities of every handheld gaming console that has come before it, the PlayStation Vita will offer Wi-Fi and 3G* functionality, allowing for maximum connectivity. Its 5-inch OLED front multi-touch display will bring brilliant images to life and allow for a new touch driven navigational system, while the additional multi-touch pad on its back surface will allow users to interact with games and characters that they encounter within them with a simple movement of their fingertips. Additionally, services created specifically for the PlayStation Vita will be available on PlayStation Network. These services are designed to help users take their gameplay, as well as interaction with other gamers, to new levels.
Addition features include: dual analogue stick controls, a front and rear camera, a 4 core CPU, flash card media support for game and media saves, mobile PlayStation trophy support, built-in three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer and GPS functionality.The Best in New and Classic Content
In addition to containing the best in new handheld gaming hardware technology, Sony's PlayStation Vita will provide users with the best in quality content. All your favourite game franchises are coming to the PlayStation Vita, including but not limited to Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet and Call of Duty. Joining these new offerings, players will also have full wireless access to the PlayStation Store. Here, via the PlayStation Vita's improved 3G wireless capabilities, owners can download new game add-ons, movies, comics and PS One classics ported over for handheld play. The PlayStation Vita also features full backwards compatibility (via download) to all PSP games. Together this powerful merging of hardware and software is destined to create entertainment experiences unlike anything else available in the handheld gaming market.Key PlayStation Vita Features
- Multi-touch 5-inch organic light emitting display (OLED) as the front display
- Multi-touch pad on the rear of the device
- Dual analogue sticks
- Two cameras (front and rear)
- Software titles on small, dedicated flash memory-based cards
- Three motion sensors, gyroscope, accelerometer and electronic compass
- Wi-Fi and 3G* network connectivity
- PlayStation Network access, including 'LiveArea,' 'Near' and 'Activity' log features Trophy Support
- The PlayStation Vita will be able to play PSP titles, minis, PS one classics, video and comics from the PlayStation Store
- CPU - ARM Cortex-A9 core (4 core)
- GPU - SGX543MP4+
- External Dimensions - Approx. 182.0 x 18.6 x 83.5mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)
- Touch Screen - 5-inches (16:9), 960 x 544, Approx. 16 million colors, OLED Multi touch screen (capacitive type)
- Rear Touch Pad - Multi-touch pad (capacitive type)
- Cameras - Front camera, Rear camera
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Built-in microphone
- Sensors - Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), three-axis electronic compass
- Built-in GPS
- Wi-Fi location service support
- Keys / Switches
- PS button
- Power button
- Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left)
- Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)
- Shoulder buttons (Right/Left)
- Right stick, Left stick
- START button, SELECT button
- Volume buttons (+/-)
- Wireless communications
- Mobile network connectivity (3G)*
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n (n = 1×1) (Wi-Fi) (Infrastructure mode/Ad-hoc mode)
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR (A2DP/AVRCP/HSP)
* Connectivity dependent on version and subject to Wi-Fi availability and 3G coverage limitations.
When will my order be dispatched?
This item is on order. It will usually be dispatched within after the order has been placed.
How will my order be sent?
Our standard delivery option is FREE in the UK via Royal Mail First Class, with large or high value orders sent via Parcelforce courier service. Delivery to Europe (from an additional £2 per item) and other Worldwide countries (from an additional £4 per item) are sent via Royal Mail International who work with trusted delivery partners to deliver to the destination country.
When can I expect it to arrive?
- UKDeliveries to destinations in the UK usually arrive within 1-2 working days after the order is dispatched with the vast majority arriving on the next working day.
Deliveries to destinations in Europe take on average 3-5 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
Deliveries to destinations outside of Europe take on average 5-7 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
If your order has not arrived by the expected delivery date this is usually no reason for concern - see our delivery help pages.