Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City delivers a true third-person team-based shooter experience set within the dark and sinister Resident Evil universe. Not only does this setting provide a rich backdrop to the action but it also delivers a unique and brutal triple-threat battle. Zombies and Bio-Organic Weapons (B.O.W.s) add to the mix as players compete against their team’s opposing squad and tackle this third, unpredictable element that could only exist in the twisted Resident Evil universe.
The result is a brand new style of gameplay that breaks the conventions of traditional third person shooters. It is September 1998 and the action centres on the ill-fated Raccoon City. When the Umbrella Corporation learns that one of its top scientists, Dr. William Birkin, plans to sell the experimental G-Virus to the US Government they order an elite team of Umbrella Security Service (USS) soldiers led by Hunk into their secret research facility to secure the only known sample of the virus. The operation takes a turn for the worse when Dr. Birkin injects himself with the last vial, mutating into a deadly creature, G-Birkin and over powering the team. During the battle the deadly ‘t-Virus’ is leaked into the sewers and spread through Raccoon City, infecting the entire population.
Hearing of the outbreak, the USS team is given fresh orders to destroy all evidence of Umbrella’s involvement and silence anyone that might discover the truth. The Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure service (UBCS) is also deployed to help contain the situation. Meanwhile the US Government has quarantined the city and dispatched its own team of special operatives to determine the source of the mysterious outbreak. Caught up in the chaos are rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield. Players take on the role of an Umbrella Security Soldier (U.S.S) and battle against all the competing forces at play in Raccoon City. Choose from six characters,each one equipped with a unique skill set, including the female field scientist Four-Eyes who can manipulate the T-virus and take control of the B.O.W’s raiding the streets of Raccoon City or the weapons expert and U.S.S team captain Lupo. Game Features
- Team based shooter set in the dark and sinister Resident Evil universe.
- Triple threat battle as zombies and B.O.W’s add to the action.
- Return of favourite RE enemies, including Hunters, Tyrants and the Nemesis.
- Risk infection from the hordes of zombies, zombie dogs and lickers. Fight to survive with anti-viral sprays, your character’s special skills or help from field scientist Bertha before your character’s condition worsens, turning you into a violent zombie who will attack your own team members.
- Compete with up to three friends as an Umbrella Security Service squad member in Campaign mode.
- Choose from six U.S.S characters, each with their own unique skill set and roles.
- Rewrite the history of the Raccoon City outbreak. Destroy all evidence of Umbrella’s involvement at the City Hall and discover UBCS operative Nicholai Ginovaef’s true intentions.
- Explore Raccoon City, collecting evidence and intel to report back to Umbrella command.
- Competitive online multiplayer modes provide a unique gaming experience thanks to the three corner combat between the Umbrella Security Service, US Special Ops and threat of zombies and B.O.W’s.
When will my order be dispatched?
This item is on order. It will usually be dispatched within after the order has been placed.
How will my order be sent?
Our standard delivery option is FREE in the UK via Royal Mail First Class, with large or high value orders sent via Parcelforce courier service.
When can I expect it to arrive?
- UKDeliveries to destinations in the UK usually arrive within 1-2 working days after the order is dispatched with the vast majority arriving on the next working day.
If your order has not arrived by the expected delivery date this is usually no reason for concern - see our delivery help pages.