It's hard to make racing games seem fresh or original nowadays, but not if you put a bit of thought into it - or even better some high explosives. Split/Second is a street racer, not the illegal kind but one that's show on reality TV all across the country.
Knocking your opponents into the odd brick wall is a traditional part of any racing game, but here you also race to be the first to trigger huge explosions rigged all along the track. Time it right and you can not only flatten rivals with a ton of falling concrete but you can drastically alter the course of the track to your advantage.
You've got to be a skilled racer as well as a demolitions expert though, with your access to the explosions dependent on how well you're driving and what moves you can pull off. Get it right and you'll not only beat the pack, you'll flatten it. Game Features
- Arcade racer : The most original racer for years mixes high speed street racing with action game explosions and deadly courses that literally explode around you.
- Big brother : Race through 24 episodes of Split/Second's own in-game reality show, each with three events per show and many different race modes.
- Careful drivers : From helicopters dropping bombs, to exploding oil tankers and collapsing buildings, this is the most dangerous racer ever made.
- Racing pyrotechnics : Incredible graphics bring the dangers alive with enormous explosions that rock the whole course and change the shape of the track.
- Multiple explosions : Amazing offline and online multiplayer modes let you test yourself against real human players using race types inspired by the single player.
When will my order be dispatched?
This item is on order. It will usually be dispatched within after the order has been placed.
How will my order be sent?
Our standard delivery option is FREE in the UK via Royal Mail First Class, with large or high value orders sent via Parcelforce courier service.
When can I expect it to arrive?
- UKDeliveries to destinations in the UK usually arrive within 1-2 working days after the order is dispatched with the vast majority arriving on the next working day.
If your order has not arrived by the expected delivery date this is usually no reason for concern - see our delivery help pages.