Limited Edition includes:
- Access to the exclusive Saga Faction Pack
- A double-sided poster featuring two stunning game artworks
THE END OF THE SAMURAI ERA, THE DAWN OF AN EMPIRE
The standalone expansion to the award winning Total War: SHOGUN 2 explores the conflict between the Imperial throne and the last Shogunate in 19th century Japan, 400 years after the events of the original game – a dramatic clash of traditional Samurai culture with the explosive power of modern weaponry.
Guide ancient Japan into the modern age, as the arrival of America, Britain and France incites a ferocious civil war which will decide the future of the nation.
Dramatic 19th century Japan setting
Based on the backdrop of the Boshin War period, the new campaign starts in 1864, a time of growing resentment against Western colonial power and influence. As Japan began to modernise and industrialise, the inevitable social and economic changes led to increasingly militant nationalism and antipathy towards the Shogunate.
6 new playable clans
Play as a clan supporting the Imperial throne, or the last Shogunate:
- Shogunate clans: Aizu, Nagaoka, Jozai
- Imperial clans: Choshu, Satsuma, Tosa
New foreign powers
The American, British and French nations played an important part in the story of the Boshin war and your relations with these foreign powers will be integral to unit recruitment and to advancing your technology trees.
New 19th century Japan campaign map
- The new island of Ezo extends the SHOGUN 2 campaign map northwards.
- Fully refreshed towns and other campaign map features reflect the different time period, with railways making their first appearance in a Total War title.
Railway lines on the campaign map
- Develop your own railway network to move armies and agents between your regions.
- Railways can be sabotaged and transport can be blocked by enemy armies who take control of parts of the line or railway stations.
39 new land units
- Including modern ranged units - such as the Gatling gun and Armstrong gun - controllable in a new first-person mode.
- New units can also be recruited from foreign powers, including the British Royal Marines, US Marine Corps and French Marines.
10 new naval unit types with a total of 21 ships
- New steam-powered warships, heavily armed with modern artillery.
- Foreign ironclad ships can also be purchased, including the Warrior-class ironclad.
New port siege battle type
- This new battle type triggers when attempting a naval assault on an occupied enemy port.
- The attacking fleet must sail into the harbour and capture the port, running the gauntlet of coastal gun defenses.
New land and sea unit interactions
- During a land battle, armies can call in offshore artillery support barrages.
- Conversely, coastal gun emplacements can target enemy ships during port siege battles, when ending their turn within the range of upgraded coastal defenses.
- Campaign map bombardments: offshore naval units can bombard armies and cities in adjacent coastal areas on the campaign map itself.
3 new agent types
- The Foreign Veteran, the Ishin Shishi and the Shinshengumi.
- Each new agent has its own skill tree. Ninja and Geisha agents have had their skill trees updated.
Improved siege battle mechanics
New upgradable tower defences can be built with a specific defence specialty: archery, matchlock or Gatling gun.
4 new historical battles
Fight in 4 brand-new dramatic portrayals of the major historical battles of the Boshin War.
New Conquest map reflecting the 19th century setting
Brand-new Fall of the Samurai avatar, including:
- Over 40 new retainers
- Over 30 new armour pieces
- New 19th century avatar skill tree
Multiple avatars: players can enjoy multiple careers and progression across Shogun 2 and Fall of The Samurai
When will my order be dispatched?
This item is on order. It will usually be dispatched within after the order has been placed.
How will my order be sent?
Our standard delivery option is FREE in the UK via Royal Mail First Class, with large or high value orders sent via Parcelforce courier service. Delivery to Europe (from an additional £2 per item) and other Worldwide countries (from an additional £4 per item) are sent via Royal Mail International who work with trusted delivery partners to deliver to the destination country.
When can I expect it to arrive?
- UKDeliveries to destinations in the UK usually arrive within 1-2 working days after the order is dispatched with the vast majority arriving on the next working day.
Deliveries to destinations in Europe take on average 3-5 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
Deliveries to destinations outside of Europe take on average 5-7 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
If your order has not arrived by the expected delivery date this is usually no reason for concern - see our delivery help pages.