Don King Presents: Prizefighter delivers the deepest, most authentic and entertaining boxing experience ever seen in a video game. Boxing is about more than just a night at the fights; it’s about building a career and rising to stardom. 2K Sports has captured that in Don King Presents: Prizefighter – players must train, overcome adversity, get promoted, and avoid temptation to rise in notoriety, all while watching the story of their rise to champion unfold in a unique, live-action, sports documentary style that features real-life greats from the world of boxing. Here’s what players have to look forward to:
Live the Boxing Life – A full career mode offers players a comprehensive story line that follows them through real-life boxing situations such as injuries, facing stacked odds against a corrupt judge, and more. These dramatic moments are told in a sports documentary style using the voices and images of world famous boxers and celebrities from the boxing world.
The Best in the Ring and in the Booth – Don King Presents: Prizefighter offers up a roster of 30 licensed, active boxers and 10 classic, retired boxers. Classics include the likes of Larry Holmes, Ken Norton, and even the Cinderella Man himself, James Braddock. The play-by-play commentary is provided by none other than HBO Boxing broadcasters Emmanuel Stewart and Jim Lampley.
Knock Out! – The developers at 2K Sports weren’t afraid to get their hands dirty when it came to fine-tuning the fight mechanics in Don King Presents: Prizefighter. Cumulative effect punching and surprise one-punch knockdowns and knockouts will keep gamers on the edge of their seats during every match. Height, weight, reach, and strength all play a part in how well a fighter stacks up against the enemy.
Hit the Virtual "Gym" – The unique online mode in Don King Presents: Prizefighter allows players to form and compete in "gyms" of friends or any available competitor. Players can choose from any of the legendary or active champions in Don King Presents: Prizefighter, or use up to 8 of their own customised boxers in this feature.
- Full Career Mode in documentary style: Build your boxing career from rags to riches and see your story unfold in a unique sports documentary style featuring famous boxers, celebrities, and Don King himself.
- Unique fight mechanics: Unparalleled game mechanics include true-to-life boxing tactics, step around punch potential allowing players to create angles and openings, new "Killzone" shots driven by boxer adrenaline and crowd momentum, plus seven unlockable, crushing signature punches.
- 40 current and legendary boxing champs: More licensed active and legendary boxers than any other game, from current champs Joe Calzaghe, Kelly Pavlik and Andrew Golota to classics like Ken Norton and Joe Louis and The Cinderella Man James Braddock.
- Go toe-to-toe in Online Mode: Take any of your five customised fighters online anytime and compete against friends or other opponents in "Fighter Club" to see who is truly the best pound-for-pound Prizefighter.
- Star commentators & classic videos: Play-by-play and colour commentary by Jim Lampley and Emanuel Steward, plus unlockable historic
When will my order be dispatched?
This item is on order. It will usually be dispatched within after the order has been placed.
How will my order be sent?
Our standard delivery option is FREE in the UK via Royal Mail First Class, with large or high value orders sent via Parcelforce courier service. Delivery to Europe (from an additional £2 per item) and other Worldwide countries (from an additional £4 per item) are sent via Royal Mail International who work with trusted delivery partners to deliver to the destination country.
When can I expect it to arrive?
- UKDeliveries to destinations in the UK usually arrive within 1-2 working days after the order is dispatched with the vast majority arriving on the next working day.
Deliveries to destinations in Europe take on average 3-5 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
Deliveries to destinations outside of Europe take on average 5-7 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
If your order has not arrived by the expected delivery date this is usually no reason for concern - see our delivery help pages.