Madworld is not your average Wii game. Not only is it a rare 18-rated title for the console, but it's one of the most violent video games on any system. If you've the stomach for it though it's been created by some of gaming's most talented developers, including the producer of Viewtiful Joe and Okami.
Although the level of violence in Madworld is extreme it's not in the slightest bit realistic or serious, as lead character Jack competes in an ultraviolent television show called Death Watch. Madworld is portrayed in a black & white comic book style, with the only other colour present being the red of split blood.
Beyond all the controversy though lies a well-honed action game, with Jack able to use almost anything in the environment as a weapon - whether it's tied down or not. If you want more out of the Wii than just another mini-game collection, this could be the game for you. Game Features
- Family values: The most violent game ever made for the Wii, from one of the heads of the legendary Clover Studio - creators of Okami and God Hand.
- Red all over: Unique graphical style is influenced by Frank Miller's Sin City, with the whole game portrayed solely in black, white and… red.
- Farewell to arms: Main character Jack has a chainsaw for an arm and he's not afraid to use it, insome of the most visceral melee combat ever seen.
- (E)motion control: Context-sensitive controls are easy to learn but provide plenty of nuance as you learn to use your environment and your enemy's tactics to your advantage.
- Black & red: Bizarre mini-games and challenges, including the gruesome "death press" and the over-the-top "man darts" - involving a baseball bat and a giant dart board.
When will my order be dispatched?
This item is on order. It will usually be dispatched within after the order has been placed.
How will my order be sent?
Our standard delivery option is FREE in the UK via Royal Mail First Class, with large or high value orders sent via Parcelforce courier service. Delivery to Europe (from an additional £2 per item) and other Worldwide countries (from an additional £4 per item) are sent via Royal Mail International who work with trusted delivery partners to deliver to the destination country.
When can I expect it to arrive?
- UKDeliveries to destinations in the UK usually arrive within 1-2 working days after the order is dispatched with the vast majority arriving on the next working day.
Deliveries to destinations in Europe take on average 3-5 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
Deliveries to destinations outside of Europe take on average 5-7 working days, but times will vary depending on the import regulations and postal service in your country. Please check with your local postal service for an estimate on how long it takes to ship items from the UK to your country.
If your order has not arrived by the expected delivery date this is usually no reason for concern - see our delivery help pages.